Comprehensive pain management is vital to a patient’s healing process. Our doctors can thoroughly evaluate your pain symptoms in order to accurately diagnose the cause.
Once we have an accurate diagnosis, we will work together with you to create a treatment plan that will effectively address your pain.
Abdominal / Pelvic Pain Resources:
We Accept All Insurances
Individualized Patient Care
Patients Seen Within 2 Weeks
Minimally Invasive Treatments
Board Certified Specialists
A Better Quality of Life
I can't say enough good things about Dr Rao, when no one else could tell me what was causing my back pain he helped me find out what the issue was . He is patient and extremely knowledgeable and very good at what he does! I am not surprised that all his staff are kind , caring and patient in their quest to help me have a better quality of life.
- Patient Reviews
Abdominal/pelvic pain can be described, just to name a few, as sharp, dull-aching, throbbing, cramping, or pressure-like when it arises. When this pain persist over the course of a considerable amount of time, it is classified as chronic pain, which can be an indicator of a present underlying issue.
- Endometriosis: occurs when the endometrial lining grows outside the uterus, which can cause scar tissue and adhesions.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: a disorder affecting the muscle contractions of the bowel. The symptoms of IBS, such as bloating, constipation or diarrhea, can cause pelvic pain.
- Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: chronic inflammatory bowel diseases which are characterized by inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Interstitial Cystitis: recurring pain in the bladder, and a frequent urge to urinate.
- Celiac Disease: an autoimmune disorder that is triggered by eating gluten (wheat, barley, rye and other grains). This immune reaction creates inflammation that damages the small intestines lining over time.
Our physicians are board certified, and are dedicated to giving you a comprehensive exam that will aid in diagnosing the cause of your symptoms. Using advanced diagnostic techniques, our doctors will find out the reason for your pain, and then get you on the road to better health right away. Here are a few steps our physicians use when completing their comprehensive exams:
- We take your complete medical history to identify or rule out possible causes of your pain
- We conduct a thorough physical exam
- We carefully review your symptoms, including how you would describe the pain (burning, achy, dull, etc.) and whether certain positions or activities make the pain feel better or worse
- We may order diagnostic tests, including MRI or CT scan, to help us diagnose your chronic pain
- Injection therapy
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Trigger point injection
- Epidural steroid injection
- Alternative therapies
- Medication management
Treatments We Offer
Condition We Treat
We are dedicated to the provide the highest quality of patient care and services. We truly have each individuals comfort in mind.
At Pain and Spine Specialists, our team of physicians and nurse practitioners are committed to giving you the most effective treatment when treating your pain. We believe that all patients should have access to quality care, and that is why you can find us conveniently located throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.