Lower Back Pain Doctor Frederick, MD
When Yoga Won’t Cut It: Addressing Lower Back Pain
When patients meet with a lower back pain doctor Fredrick, MD residents trust for quality care, a common concern of theirs is regarding intense back discomfort. Most people will endure some degree of back pain at one point or another in their life, and may need help from a doctor who provides non-invasive treatment options. Surgery is usually only considered when all other options out there have been exhausted. There are non-invasive (or minimally invasive) approaches that can help relieve pain in many areas of the body, including the lower back.
If you are struggling with chronic lower back pain (which means the pain has been lasting for longer than 90 days), then it probably originated from an accident, overuse, or lifting incorrectly. Other conditions that may cause chronic back pain include osteoporosis, obesity, arthritis, disc issues, and more. A Maryland lower back pain doctor at the Pain and Spine Specialists clinic, may recommend one or more of the following medication-free approaches as a component of your treatment plan:??
- Nutrition or Lifestyle Changes: obesity can cause added pressure on the spinal column and discs (which offer padding between the bones that form the spine). We are not here to judge you for your lifestyle or eating habits. We are just happy to provide you with information if you are interested in learning about how certain foods and even minor lifestyle modifications can improve your overall wellness.
- Osteopathic Manipulation: our doctors are trained in performing osteopathic manipulation, which is where adjustments are made to the body to help relieve pressure, enhance flexibility, and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, and Acupressure: depending on the severity of and reason for your lower back pain, our doctors may suggest acupuncture, acupressure, and/or massage therapy as an element of your care plan. Hand pressure or thin needs may be used to help decrease tension, alleviate joint pain, and speed up healing after an injury.
- Physical Therapy: a physical therapist can work with patients to improve their strength, flexibility, and posture through exercises and stretches to reduce lower back discomfort.
- Pain Relief Injections: for more severe cases, your doctor may recommend that you get a cortisone, selective nerve root, facet joint, soft tissue, or sacroiliac joint injection into the area of concern as a way to encourage the body to repair damage.
Call The Pain And Spine Specialists Now
If you are struggling to manage lower back pain, or discomfort in another area of your body, then visiting our clinic may prove to be the best decision you have ever made for yourself. It is our goal to see your symptoms reduce through a carefully created and personalized care plan. Our services are top-notch, and we have established a positive reputation in this community for providing quality services. Call the Pain and Spine Specialists now to speak with a Frederick, MD lower back pain doctor today.
Why Choose Us
We Accept All Insurances
Individualized Patient Care
Patients Seen Within 2 Weeks
Minimally Invasive Treatments
Board Certified Specialists
A Better Quality of Life
I can't say enough good things about Dr Rao, when no one else could tell me what was causing my back pain he helped me find out what the issue was . He is patient and extremely knowledgeable and very good at what he does! I am not surprised that all his staff are kind , caring and patient in their quest to help me have a better quality of life.