Neck Pain Specialist Frederick, MD
Facing neck injuries can be frustrating. Living with neck pain can be a challenging experience. It affects daily activities, making simple tasks like turning your head or looking over your shoulder painful. The constant discomfort can impact your mood, productivity, and overall quality of life. Finding relief becomes a top priority as you navigate through each day, often adjusting your movements and routines to accommodate the persistent ache in your neck. Despite the difficulties, seeking effective solutions and support is essential to improve your well-being and regain a sense of comfort and mobility.
For an outstanding neck pain specialist Frederick, MD, look no further than Pain and Spine Specialists. Our experienced doctors and staff are dedicated to providing personalized, patient-centered care for individuals suffering from neck pain. We understand the impact that neck pain can have on your life, and we are committed to helping you find relief and regain your mobility. Learn more about our neck pain treatment options by calling one of our Frederick locations at (301) 760-3534 or (240) 215-6047. Also, you can schedule an appointment online to meet with our neck pain specialist Frederick, MD.
In addition to a variety of treatments we offer, some natural remedies, such as stretching, may assist in pain management.
Stretches to Relieve Neck Pain
One form of treatment your doctor might recommend is physical therapy. A physical therapist can offer several stretches and exercises to reduce pain, strengthen the neck muscles, and prevent further injury from occurring in the future.
Recommended stretches might include:
- Lower your chin to your chest and tilt your head back.
- Tilt your head from side to side.
- Roll your shoulders forward and backward.
- Extend your right arm over your head and reach for the left, bending your torso. Switch sides.
- Rotate your torso to the right, reaching for the back in a chair. Switch sides.
- Squeeze your shoulders behind you and hold.
Stretches can undoubtedly assist in managing pain and maximizing treatment for some people. However, when neck pain becomes unbearable, it might be time to meet with our neck pain specialist Frederick, MD.
When to See Our Doctors
A neck injury can make it difficult to sleep, move your neck and head, and participate in daily activities. Neck injuries can occur suddenly and, in some cases, may require treatment, especially if the injury was the result of an accident or degeneration. While prompt treatment may help mitigate injuries from worsening over time, should your injury result in a car accident or a fall, medical treatment may be critical for your health and the legal case you may be pursuing.
Neck pain may be persistent and, in some cases, may not go away alone. Some may put off seeking medical attention for another day, hoping they will eventually feel better. However, neck pain is an incredibly common issue for patients seeking medical care.
Signs that you may want to consider seeking care from Pain and Spine Specialists' neck pain doctor in Frederick, MD include:
- If you find that your neck pain is severe, intense, or lingering for an extended period, it's crucial to consult a doctor. This level of pain may indicate an underlying issue that requires professional assessment and treatment.
- If you notice any numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arms or hands along with neck pain, it could point to nerve compression or other neurological issues. Seeking medical attention is essential to prevent potential complications.
- Neck pain that interferes with your balance or coordination warrants medical attention. It could indicate a more serious condition affecting the cervical spine or nervous system that needs evaluation by a healthcare professional.
- If your neck pain stems from a recent trauma, such as a fall, car accident, or sports injury, seeking medical care is crucial. Even if the pain seems manageable initially, it's best to rule out any underlying damage or injuries.
- Persistent neck pain coupled with frequent headaches, dizziness, or lightheadedness may signal an underlying issue that requires medical assessment. It's essential to address these symptoms to determine the cause and receive appropriate care.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it's vital to see a neck pain specialist Frederick, MD as soon as possible. Our team at Pain and Spine Specialists is here to help you find relief and improve your well-being.
Treatment for Neck Pain at Pain and Spine Specialists
Other people may find that stretches are not helping to reduce their neck pain. That's where our Pain and Spine Specialists medical experts come in.
Our team of professionals can help you identify and treat the underlying cause of your neck pain. Through a detailed physical examination, medical history review, and diagnostic testing, our team can work closely with you to find an appropriate treatment option.
A few of the many neck pain treatment options available at Pain and Spine Specialists are:
- Medication Management: Through a comprehensive approach, Pain and Spine Specialists provide tailored medication management plans, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle relaxants, and other prescription medications to address neck pain and related symptoms.
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: Our medical experts offer advanced minimally invasive procedures such as epidural steroid injections, facet joint injections, and radiofrequency ablation to target and alleviate neck pain while promoting faster recovery and minimal discomfort.
- Interventional Pain Management: Utilizing cutting-edge interventional techniques, Pain and Spine Specialists create customized treatment plans that may include nerve blocks, trigger point injections, and other interventions to effectively manage and reduce neck pain.
- Collaborative Care: Pain and Spine Specialists prioritize a multidisciplinary approach, collaborating with our partners Shakthi Health and Wellness and Gemini TMS for individuals experiencing neck pain, addressing both the physical and psychological aspects of discomfort. Our partners provide effective therapy options such as acupuncture and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to reduce inflammation, improve mobility, enhance mood, and promote overall well-being.
No matter the cause or severity of your neck pain, our Pain and Spine Specialists team is dedicated to providing patient-centered care and finding the right treatment plan for you. With our expertise and collaborative approach, we aim to help you find pain relief and regain your mobility...
Pain and Spine Specialists: Your Neck Pain Specialist Frederick, MD
We at Pain and Spine Specialists are experienced professionals who aim to assist the healing process with a variety of treatments for neck pain offered at our practice in Frederick. If you are suffering from neck pain, the time to act is now. Our Frederick, Maryland neck pain specialists want to diagnose and treat the condition promptly. See how Pain and Spine Specialists can help your neck pain by calling either of our Frederick locations at (240) 215-6047, or you can schedule an appointment online.