Pain and Spine Specialists Scholarship
As one of the top pain intervention and management groups in Maryland, Virginia, DC, and Pennsylvania, Pain and Spine Specialists is committed to:
- Providing students with assistance in obtaining a higher education
- Taking some of the financial burdens off of hard-working students
All students should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve their goals. We are offering a scholarship for college and college-bound students who understand how to overcome life’s challenges and traumas and are committed to demonstrating a determination to build useful lives, pursue higher education, and achieve career success.
Pain and Spine Specialists concentrates on providing dedicated patient care for those suffering from moderate to severe pain. Our primary outcome is to improve quality of life and overall functionality through comprehensive treatment. We strive to treat each patient with the highest quality of care and promote individualized treatment paradigms. Our vision aims to help people overcome pain and other challenges, allowing them to lead healthy and happy lives.
To that end, Pain and Spine Specialists created a scholarship for students either currently enrolled or who plan to enroll in a program consistent with this vision. We are strong advocates for helping others and enjoy giving back to our Maryland, Virginia, DC, and Pennsylvania communities. We understand that education is a critical cornerstone upon which future visionaries are made, and providing financial assistance to those in need is crucial. Pain and Spine Specialists strives to ensure that all individuals, regardless of their socioeconomic status, have access to academic, interpersonal, and community opportunities.
Injury Scholarship Application Guidelines
► Essay Prompt:
- What is one painful (physically, mentally, or otherwise) experience you experienced in your life, and how did you overcome it?
- How has this event affected your education?
- How has overcoming this incident prepared you to meet the challenges of higher learning?
- How will college attendance demonstrate your determination to move forward in your life, following your challenging experience?
- What college are you attending or planning on attending?
► Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes high school Juniors or Seniors, high school graduates, or those who possess a GED.
- Applicants must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in their final year of high school.
- Applicants must be age 17 or older.
The Pain and Spine Specialists Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, and/or other fees at the high school, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States where the recipient will enroll or is currently enrolled.
► Application Materials
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by August 15th, 2021:
- A completed Injury Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- An essay (1000 word limit) on the topic (essay prompt) listed above.
- A valid transcript (high school, college, or university) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The selected student will be notified of their selection for the $1,000 award in September 2021.
Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than August 15th, 2021. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
The Pain and Spine Specialists Scholarship winner will be announced in September 2021.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to [email protected]. Emailed applications should contain the subject “Pain and Spine Specialists Scholarship 2021.”
Paper applications should be mailed to:
Pain and Spine Specialists Scholarship
2702 Back Acre Circle
Mt. Airy, MD 21771